Monday 15 July 2013

Twist the Fate




Life on the train

Life  is like a train ride, it read.
We get on. We ride. We get off.
We get back on and ride some more.
There are accidents and there are delays.
At a certain stops there are surprises.
Some of these will translate into great moments of joys,
Some will result in profound sorrow.


Once my uni, UiTM Machang, Kelantan announced there will be another break for Gawai celebration, as usual, my classmates already purchased our tickets.  After settle down a few arrangements, my junior, Dina and I set our foot to take night bus to our hometown, Penang.
(Home Sweet Home, Baby!).

 
I safely arrived at Penang Sentral (our main bus station at Butterworth) around 5.30am on Friday.  There, I saw my parents already waiting for me.  I abandoned my sleepiness, doziness and tiring of 6 hours journey and ran towards them giving my morning kisses and "salam" my parents hands. Grateful to Allah. Syukur.  Mostly on the way journey home, I slept and there no conservation at all. Sorry Abah and Mama. :(

After Subuh prayer, I quickly sneaking inside my blanket and have very good quality sleep without any disturbing alarming. Ahh, feels good slept in my own bedroom. AWESOME.I delayed to unpack my bag because on the next day, my family will heading to Tok's house (Abah's mother)
at Selangor for regular visit. Yep, another great journey!!

 We traveled by bus. :) Why?

Coz' traveling by bus really great because most of us already use to it. The exhausted didn't wash away since traveling from Kelantan, mostly I slept.  Yeah, our bus packed with all walks of life due of school holiday already start. Horey for the kids.

We arrived at R&R Sg. Buloh around 1.30pm, waiting for my cousin to pick up us.  I managed to indulged few cones of ice cream from motorcycle vendor. Erk, come on, it was 1.30pm, and the weather was totally hot. So, having an ice cream is the best option no matter what flavor.
Who can't resist indulge an ice cream at noon?


A whole day at Tok's house really warming greeting from them.  Eventually, Mak Long (call for an aunty, Abah's older sister) returned from Umrah two weeks ago. Alhamdulillah. hopefully there will be "Barakah" from her.  That night, she treat us with everyone favorite fast food, Pizza Hut. Yummy. Simply delicious eating together with my cousins and nephews. Family gathering always the best. We ate, chatting and watched dramas at TV until midnight until everyone felt sleepy. I said goodnight and let my sleepiness take away to my dreamland.


The best part of our trip this time was, we heading back to Penang by train. Abah already bought us the tickets and we will depart at 9.13am.  So, the journey will begin starting from Sg. Buloh train station til Butterworth.  Wow, it will be 7 hours journey seating at superior class of Ekspress Sinaran Utara.

Happy faces
Backpacker traveler
My ticket

The nightmare begins

Yep, our journey started well, nothing much to describe.  Most our journey, I slept. But, but, starting from Padang Rengas, our train, erk, I mean our coach ONLY, the air-conditioner did not working. Common, Butterworth still far away.

I knew this situation will happen sometimes.  Unfortunately for us to felt all these. I can't have my slumber napping through out the journey.  The rest of our journey was looking at the scenery, chatting and eating tidbits.  *Sabar..sabar..sabar..(Patience..patience..patience).

I wish this was only my nightmare. 
Yeah, Malaysia is tropical climate. At the end, I feel asleep tired of hoping. I am not grumbling but I do learn something during this whole journey:

1) Be patience with all sort of "dugaan" lying upon us.
2) Family bonding (Abah "kipas" me with newspaper during I'm asleep.Love you abah)
3) Food is important (Can distract me..haha)
4) Be tolerate. (Nothing that we can do if the situation is outside our supervision)
5) Sleep (The last option, if you can bare: I feel like lying inside the jacuzzi.hehe)
6) Hope for miracle. (It happens sometime)

But at the end, it turned well.  I didn't know what brings us the luck.  But the supervisor, the man who wearing the blue uniform (let's called him the "Blue-Uniform-Man") asked some of us to move to another coach and the rest of us will move to the coach with bed (Second Class Sleeper Coach). HEAVEN dude...

Second Class Sleeper Coach.
Credit to: lesconnaisseurs.wordpress.com for this picture
Relaxing for a while


Satisfied passenger at last :p


But only few of us move to the couch with the bed because some of the Patience-Passengers soon will reach at their destination, Taiping.  As I remember that the Blue-Uniform-Man said that he gave the permission to let us switch the coach with bed as our "birthday present". hahaha.So funny. But I accepted it gratefully.

All I can said that this journey called "Twist the Fate".  It did have memorable experience. We safely arrived at Butterworth train station around 4.30pm.  Yeah, I smelled the breeze of Penang again. Syukur Alhamdulillah.


                                                                               To: 
Ekspress Sinaran Utara and all the crews, thank you :)
Yes, the journey maybe rough and exhausted
but it still sweet to remember. I do love to travel with train again in future.





No comments:

Post a Comment